In 2020, over 2,000 ads were published, 53% of which were for rooms. Unfortunately, for the same year, the average room rate was CHF 775. This rate has been rising for several years, contrary to the average budget of students at our two schools.
With this in mind, we have decided to review certain criteria for moderating room advertisements to include price considerations.
As a result, we reserve the right to refuse room ads where the rent is deemed too high. To do this, we evaluate each property on the basis of the following factors:
- The size of the room (m2)
- The location of the property in relation to the UNIL-EPFL campus (or to the EPFL branches)
- Furniture included or not
- Access to a private bathroom or not
- Other services that may be included (Internet, cleaning, meals, etc.) or not
These criteria are evaluated by our services at the time of moderation and only concern announcements for rooms and not for apartments. If you have any doubts about the rents you can offer or have any questions, our services are of course at your disposal.
We thank you for your trust and for your understanding. UNIL-EPFL housing services firstname.lastname@example.org
For EPFL - 021 693 43 45
For UNIL - 021 692 21 13